How to Dye Nylon Using Orco Lanamide™ Dyes
Orco Lanamide™ dyes are a selected group of non-chrome, non-hazardous acid dyes designed for use on wool, nylon and blends thereof. These colors build well together especially when the primaries are used and offer excellent lightfastness and wet fastness.
Goods heavily contaminated with spinning oils or heavily soiled should be pre-scoured at 120°-140°F with 0.5-1.5 % Orconol CHSA Conc™ on weight of goods(owg). The addition of 0.2-0.25% owg of soda ash is desirable.
Dye Bath Preparation
- 0-2.0% owg Orco Dye Assist 10-4™
- For Pastels shades use 2.0% owg and Medium to Dark Shades use 1.0% owg.
- X% owg Acid to pH 5.5-6.5 (Citric, Formic or Acetic)
- Circulate goods at 100°F for 10-15 minutes.
- Add pre-dissolved Orco Lanamide™ dyes and continue to circulate for 10 minutes.
- Raise temperature slowly to 175°F and hold for 10 minutes.
- Raise temperature slowly to 205-210°
- After 15-20 minutes into the cycle, add 1-1.5% owg acid for medium/dark shades if necessary.
- Cool back to 1700F and over-flow rinse till clear, especially on heavy shades.
The optional use of 1.5% owg Orcofix MN-SS™ as an after-treatment will improve wetfastness of heavier shades at least 1-1.5 points on the AATCC IIA Wash Test.
- Thoroughly rinse goods and prepare a fresh bath with 1.5% owg Orcofix MN-SS™
- Adjust pH to 4.5 with acetic or citric acid.
- Raise temperature to 160°F and hold for 20 minutes.
- Drop bath and rinse.