How to Beck Dye Acetate Using Orcocil™ Disperse Dyes
Care should be exercised when selecting Orcocil™ dyes for certain applications due to the limitations of gas-fade properties of some dyes.
A simple prescour where the goods are run for 30 minutes at 180°F(82°C) with 1-2% owg Anionic Wetting Agent is sufficient, along with a good rinse.
- Enter goods into a fresh dyebath at 90°F(32°C) containing:
- 1-2% owg Anionic Wetting Agent
- X% owg Orcocil™ Disperse dye solution
- Adjust pH to 5.5-7 using acetic acid and run for 15 minutes.
- Slowly raise temperature to 175-185°F(79-85°C) and run for 60 minutes. The luster of the fiber will decrease with the increase of dyeing temperature. If luster is not desired, an initial boil of the fabric for 15 minutes before the dyeing will degrade the luster.
- Cool back to 120°F(49°C) and rinse.