How to Cold Pad-Batch Dye Cotton Using Orco Reactive MX-Series™ Dyes
- Prepare MX-Series™ reactive dye solution and cotton goods.
- Add prescoured cotton goods and dye solution to cold dyebath containing 2% Orcopon KP™ on weight of bath.
- Just before padding of fabric add cold soda ash solution to padding liquor. For a 2-hour batching time, add soda ash in dry weight equal to that of the dye. For overnight batching, 12-24 hours, use a four-to-one ratio of sodium bicarbonate-to-soda ash ratio. Total weight of this alkali mix should be equal to that of the cloth.
- Pad goods. Goods should be at room temperature and dry.
- Goods should be wrapped in black plastic.
- Wash excess or unfixed dye by cold rinsing, then a warm neutralizing rinse @ 120°F(50°C) using acetic acid.
- Thoroughly hot rinse, soap at boil using 0.25 oz/gal(2 gr/L) Orcopon KP™, warm rinse, then finally cold rinse.