How to Continuously Pad-Thermosol Polyester Using Orcocilacron™ Dyes
Continuous Pad/Thermosol dyeing of polyester calls for high energy Orcocilacron™ disperse dyes and antimigrant to prevent migration of pre-cured disperse dye on the polyester fiber.
- Prepare and pre-scour polyester.
- Set a bath at 90°F(32°C) containing:
- X% owg Orcocilacron™ dye solution properly prepared
- 13-0.25 oz/gal(1.0-2.0 g/L) Orconol CHSA Conc™
- 2-4 oz/gal(15-30 g/L) Orco Antimigrant U-1300™
- Pad goods at 35-65% pickup at 90°-115°F(32°-46°C) and pre-dry goods before curing.
- Heat-thermosol at 375°-400°F (190°-204°C) for 75-90 seconds.
- Cool slowly and rinse.
- After-scour(after-clear) with:
- 2 – 4% owg Suitable Reducing Agent such as Sodium Hydrosulphite at a temperature of 140°F(60°C) and run for 15 -20 minutes.
- Drop bath and rinse well.