How to Dye Polyester/Nylon Blends with Orcocilacron™ Disperse and Orco™ Acid Dyes using a One-Bath Process
This is a general one-bath procedure, for cross or union-dyeing, using Orcocilacron™ Disperse and Orco™ acid dyes on Polyester/Nylon blends. Acid dye classes that are applicable for this procedure are Orco Milling™, Orco Nylosol™, and Orcolan Neutral™.
- Prepare goods as necessary.
- In a bath at 110°F(43°C), add:
- 0.5-1.0 % owg Anionic Wetting Agent
- 6 % owg Glauber’s Salt
- X % owg Orcocilacron™ Disperse dyes properly prepared
- Circulate for 10 minutes and then add:
- Y % owg Orco™ acid dyes properly prepared
- Slowly raise temperature to 170°F(77°C) and add:
- 3 % owg Orco Dye Carrier LLRS-2™
- Raise to the boil and run for 1-1 ½ hours depending on the depth of shade.
- Cool to 170°F(77°C), sample, and shade if necessary. If so, raise to the boil and run an additional 30 minutes.
- Hot wash at 170-180°F(77-82°C) to remove dye carrier. Do not allow the temperature to drop below 160°F(71°C) until all carrier is removed.
- After-scour in fresh bath at 180°F(82°C) for 30 minutes with:
- 0.5 % owg Anionic Wetting Agent
- 0.5 % owg Acetic Acid
- Cool to 170°F(77°C), drop bath, and rinse well.