How to Exhaust Dye Acetate Using Orcocil™ Dyes
- Prepare and pre-scour goods.
- Enter goods into a fresh dyebath at 90G932C) containing:
- 1-2% Anionic Wetting Agent on weight of goods(owg)
- X % owg Orcocil™ dyes which have not been exposed to temperatures higher than 160°F(71°C) as many low-energy disperse dyes are sensitive to excessive heat and may precipitate out of solution. Care should be exercised when selecting Orcocil™ dyes for certain applications due to the limitations of gas-fade properties of some dyes.
- Acetic Acid to a pH of 5.5-7.0
- Run for 15 minutes.
- Slowly raise temperature to 175°-185°F(79-85°C) and run for 60 minutes.
- Cool back to 120°F(49°C) and rinse.
The luster of the acetate fiber will decrease with the increase of dyeing temperature. If luster is not desired, an initial boil of the fabric for 15 minutes before dyeing will degrade the luster.