How to Exhaust Dye Nylon Using Orcoset™ Dyes
Orcoset™ dyes are a specialty line of modified Reactive and 1:2 metal complex dyes with similar dyeing characteristics for wool and nylon offering exceptional fastness. Advantages include high wetfastness, reproducibility, minimum wool fiber degradation, and easy application.
Prescouring of the nylon is necessary in order to remove any impurities in the goods otherwise an unlevel dyeing would result.
Run goods in bath containing 2.0% on weight of goods(owg) Orconol CHSA Conc™ at 100°-110°F for 15 minutes followed by a warm rinse.
Dyeing – General Exhaust Method
- Enter goods in bath at 110°F containing:
- 0.5 – 1.0% owg Orco Penetrant 120™
- 1.0 – 1.5 % owg Orcogal SET™
- 1.5 – 4.0%% owg Glacial Acetic Acid to pH of 5.5
- 0.13-0.27 oz/gal(1.0 – 2.0 g/L) Sodium Acetate
- Circulate for 15 minutes.
- Slowly add pre-dissolved Orcoset™ dyes with circulation and slowly raise temperature to 210°-265°F(100° – 130°C) at a rate of 2°- 3°F per minute and hold as follows:
- 45 minutes @ 210°F(100°C)
- 30 minutes @ 250°F(120°C)
- 20 minutes @ 265°F(130°C)
- Cool back to 165°F(74°C) and rinse.
- After-fix using Orcofix MN™ if necessary.