Orcolan Neutral™ premetallized acid dyes offer good coverage and washfastness on Spandex®. Orcolan Neutral™ dyes have a wide variety of shades to choose from and do not have the concern with the high level of free chrome leftover from the sodium bichromate when dyeing with mordant dyes. It is important to keep in mind that the premetallized dyes also contain metals but not to the degree as a mordant dyeing process produces. In any procedure involving Spandex®, the temperature should not exceed 200°F(93°C) as it may degrade the integrity of the spandex.
- Prepare goods as necessary.
- In a bath at 100°F(38°C) add:
- Adjust pH to 9.0 with ammonium hydroxide and run for 10 minutes.
- Add Orcolan Neutral™ properly prepared dye solution.
- Circulate for 10 minutes.
- Slowly raise temperature to 190-195°F(88-91°C) and run for 1 ½-2 hours adding acetic acid to promote dye exhaustion if necessary.
- Rinse will.