Orcoset™ dyes are a specialty line of modified Reactive and 1:2 metal complex dyes with similar dyeing characteristics for wool and nylon offering exceptional fastness. Advantages include high wetfastness, reproducibility, minimum wool fiber degradation, and easy application.
Prescouring of the wool is necessary in order to remove any impurities in the goods otherwise an unlevel dyeing would result.
Run goods in bath containing 2.0% on weight of goods(owg) Orconol CHSA Conc™ at 140°-160°F for 20 minutes.
Dyeing – General Exhaust Method
- Enter goods in bath at 110°F containing:
- 0.5 – 1.0% owg Orco Penetrant 120™
- 1.0 – 1.5 % owg Orcogal SET™
- 1.5 – 4.0%% owg Glacial Acetic Acid to pH of 4.5
- 5.0 % owg Sodium Acetate
- Circulate for 15 minutes.
- Slowly add pre-dissolved Orcoset™ dyes with circulation and slowly raise temperature to 160°-170°F(71° – 77°C) at a rate of 2°- 3°F per minute.
- Maintain temperature for 20 minutes.
- Raise temperature to 210°F(99°) at a rate of 2°- 3°F per minute.
- Maintain temperature for 25-45 minutes.
- Cool back to 165°F(74°C) and re-acidify with Formic Acid if necessary.
- Dye adds should only be made after cooling the bath back to 165°F(74°C).
- This leveling procedure will pull the shade back approximately 15 – 20%. A thorough rinse should be performed prior to any re-dye. Use the same chemicals and amounts listed in the dyeing procedure(without any dye) and bring to 210°F and run for 30 minutes. Cool back to 160° and re-acidify with Formic Acid before re-dyeing.