How to One-Bath Reduction Scour & Optical Whiten Wool/Rayon Blends
This procedure is especially useful where the amount of Rayon in the blend is 40% or greater. The pH should not exceed 9 as the rayon component may begin to saponify, and temperatures in excess of 140°F(60°C) should be avoided . The alkali sensitivity of the wool and rayon make a simultaneous reduction-scour-white procedure practical:
- Enter goods into bath at 100°F(38°C) containing:
- 1.5% owg Orconol CHSA Conc™
- 1.0% owg Sodium Hydrosulfite
- 1.0% owg Orco Synthrowite GWS™
- Slowly raise temperature to 160-175°F(71-79°C).
- Add 0.5-1.0% owg Acetic acid and run for 30 minutes.
- Overflow to 125°F(52°C) and drop bath.
- Rinse well.