How to Print on Cotton Using Orco Reactive BF-Series™ Dyes
- Properly prepare and prescour goods. If the substrate being processed is rayon, do not exceed a pH of 9 as it will cause saponification of the fiber.
- Make print paste consisting of:
X% BF-Series™ reactive dye
30% soft warm water
60% Sodium Alginate(4%)
0.5% Orco Ferrosol PT 500™
2% Sodium Bicarbonate
- Bulk with water to obtain full 100% formula.
- Dry at 230° F (110°C) for 2 minutes.
- Steam at 215°F (102°C) for 3-5 minutes.
- Wash excess or unfixed dye by cold rinsing, warm neutralizing rinse @ 120°F(50°C) using acetic acid, then a thorough hot rinse.
- Soap at boil using 0.25 oz/gal (2gr/L) Orcopon KP™
- Warm rinse then a final cold rinse.