- The fabric sample must first be rinsed very well to remove any residual processing, chemicals and alkalis.
- Use 0.133 oz/gal(1 g/L) acetic acid 56% in rinse bath to neutralize any alkali.
- Soap at boil using 0.25% Orcopon KP™ on weight of fabric then warm rinse and cold rinse with good agitation.
- Dry and check.
- If the necessary shade adjustment requires more than 20% of the original dye formula it is recommended that a fresh dye bath be made.
- Drop the dye bath 1/3 – 1/2 of its original volume and refill with cold water.
- Properly prepare reactive dye solution.
- Add the dye solution to bath and slowly raise dyebath to dyeing temperature.
- Run for 30 minutes and sample.
If only a slight shade adjustment is necessary, this can be achieved by slowly adding the dye solution to the bath without lowering the dyebath temperature.