How to Scour Nylon/Acetate Blends
Nylon/Acetate may require scouring before dyeing or bleaching to remove any residual processing oils, waxes, or general soil. The scouring procedure would be similar to that of 100% nylon but with the temperature not exceeding 170°F. One common procedure is to scour goods for 30-45 minutes in a bath at 170°F(76°C) containing:
- 0.2 oz/gal(1.5 g/L) Orconol CHSA Conc™
- 2 oz/gal(1.5 g/L) TetraSodium Pyrophosphate(TSPP)
Run goods at 120-160°F(50-70°C) for 30-45 minutes. If goods are heavily soiled, include:
- 0.2 oz/gal(1.5g/L) Soda Ash (in place of TSPP) Do not exceed a pH of 9.
- 5 oz/gal(3.8g/L) Orcopon PCA™
- 1.0 oz/gal(7.6 g/L) Orco Citrisolve DL-AAS-250™
Raise temperature to 160°F(71°C) and run for 30 minutes. Drop bath and rinse well at 120°F(50°C). Proper rinsing is important so that no contaminates or residual detergent is carried over into the dye cycle.
Drop Bath and rinse goods well.
Another procedure is to run goods for 30 minutes in a bath at 170°F(76°C) containing 1-2% owg Anionic Wetting Agent. After scouring, drop bath and rinse well.