Bleaching of Polyester/Nylon blends is typically not necessary as they both usually come from the factory in a clean white state. If bleaching is necessary, the process is similar to that of straight Nylon. A good scouring should be performed prior to bleaching to remove any oils, waxes, lubricants, or soil left over during processing. The most effective bleaching process of nylon is the sodium chlorite* process:
- After scouring goods, rinse well.
- In a bath containing 0.1-0.2 oz/gal(0.75-1.5g/L) of Sodium Chlorite* and 0.133-0.4 oz/gal(1-3 g/L) acetic acid, run goods at the boil for 30 minutes. Drop bath and overflow rinse until clear.
- Set an antichlor bath at 100°F(40°C) containing 0.2oz/gal(1.5g/L) Sodium Bisulfite and .75-1.5% owg Orconol CHSA Conc™.
- Bring bath to 175°F(80°C) and run for 15 minutes.
- Overflow rinse at 140°F(60°C) for 10 minutes.