How to Cold Pad-Batch Dye Cotton Using Orco Reactive R-Series™ Dyes
- Prepare and prescour cotton goods as necessary.
- Pad goods through bath at room temperature containing:
13 oz/gal(100 gr/L) Sodium Silicate(48°Be’)
0-13oz/gal (0-100gr/L) Urea
- Batch goods at 82-86°F (28-30°C). Typical batch time range for this class of dye is 2-12 hours.
- Wash excess or unfixed dye by cold rinsing, then a warm neutralizing rinse @ 120°F (50°C) using acetic acid.
- Thoroughly hot rinse and soap at boil using 0.25 oz/gal(2gr/L) Orcopon KP™.
- Warm rinse, then a final cold rinse.