- Care should be exercised when selecting Orcocil™ dyes for certain applications due to the limitations of gas-fade properties of some dyes.
- Do not exceed a pH of 9 in any process involving rayon as it will cause saponification of the fiber.
- Prepare and prescour goods as necessary.
- In a bath at 110°F(43°C) add:
- Adjust pH to 6.5-7 using acetic acid, raise temperature to 190-200°F(88- 94°C), and run for one hour.
- Adjust pH to 7 and add 20-30% owg Common or Glauber’s salt in three equal portions over 30 minutes.
- Cool slowly to 90°F(32°C) and cold salt-rinse to help minimize dye wash-off.
- Add fixative Orcofix F-NF™ if necessary.
Download This Information