How to After-Fix Dye on Spandex® & Blends
For Cellulosic/Spandex Blends
- Orcofix F-NF™ low-formaldehyde type
Orcofix F-NF™ is a non-formaldehyde fixing agent for direct dyes on cellulosics and blends offering excellent wet fastness at an economical price. Orcofix F-NF™ offers better lightfastness than conventional dicey (formaldehyde) fixes, improves wet fastness with minimum or no effect on hand, and produces minimum or no shade change attributed to after-treatment.
- 2.0 % owg Orcofix F-NF™
- 0.7 – 1.0 % owg Acetic Acid 56%
- Run at 120°F (49°C) for 20 minutes.
- Drop bath and dry.
- Do not rinse.
- 3.0% owg Soda Ash or 1.5% owg Caustic Soda
- 10.0% owg Glauber’s Salt
- Run at 200°F(93°C) for 30 minutes.
- Drop bath and rinse.
- Before dyeing, re-acidify.
For Nylon/Spandex® Blends
- Orcofix MN™
- Orcofix MN-1™ is designed for high-shear stability as is necessary when used in machines such as jets.
- Set a new bath after dyeing, to 100-110°F(38-43°C) and add 1.0-1.5 % owg Orcofix MN™/MN-1™ for light shades and 1.5-3.0 % owg Orcofix MN™/MN-1™ for medium to dark shades.
- Adjust pH to 4.0-4.5 with acetic or formic acid and slowly raise the temperature to 160°F(71°C) and hold for 20 minutes.
- Rinse cold and dry.