Scouring of nylon is recommended before any heat-setting, bleaching, or dyeing processes are performed on the goods. Scouring will remove any excess oils, waxes, lubricants, or general soil that may be left in the fiber after manufacture, handling, storage, etc.
- Enter goods in bath @ 120°-190°F(49°-88°C) containing:
0.2 oz/gal(1.5g/L) Orconol CHSA Conc™
0.2 oz/gal(1.5g/L) TetraSodium Pyrophosphate(TSPP)
- Run goods at 120°-160°F(50°-70°C) for 30-45 minutes.
- If goods are heavily soiled, use:
0.2 oz/gal(1.5g/L) Caustic Soda Flakes in place of TSPP
0.5 oz/gal(3.8 g/L) Orcopon PCA™
1.0 oz/gal(7.6 g/L) Orco Citrisolve DL-AAS-2™
- Raise temperature to 160°F(71°C) and run for 30 minutes.
- Drop bath and rinse well at 120°F(50°C). Proper rinsing is important so that no contaminates or residual detergent is carried over into the dye cycle.