How to Print on Acetate Using Orcocil™ Disperse Dyes
Care should be exercised when selecting dyes for certain applications due to the limitations of gas-fade properties of some dyes.
- Prepare goods as necessary. Typically, a simple prescour where the goods are run for 30 minutes at 180°F(82°C) with 1-2% owg Anionic Wetting Agent is sufficient, along with a good rinse.
- Make up print paste containing:
- X parts Cold Water
- 1.5-4.0 parts Orco Clear Conc SP-2™
- Mix these two components with a high-speed mixer until smooth. Amount of Orco Clear Conc SP-2™ is dependent on viscosity desired. Then add:
- Run a high-speed mixer for 5-10 minutes until smooth.
- The pH of a synthetic clear should never go below 7.5 .
- Screen print paste onto acetate fabric.
- Dry goods at a maximum temperature of 205°F(96°C).
- Fix dye onto fiber by passing goods through a continuous ager at 220°F(104°C) for 20 minutes.
- Rinse goods cold then wash with 0.133 oz/gal(1g/L) Orconol CHSA Conc™ at 110°F(43°C).
- Rinse cold and dry.